Today’s gospel is Luke 9:7-9
Herod the tetrarch had heard about all that was going on; and he was puzzled, because some people were saying that John had risen from the dead, others that Elijah had reappeared, still others that one of the ancient prophets had come back to life.
But Herod said, ‘John? I beheaded him. So who is this I hear such reports about?’ And he was anxious to see him.
TODAY’S POINTERS ON GOD’S WORD (from www.jesuit.org.sg)
- As you read the passage what words, phases or meanings caught your attention?
- In living our Christian faith, there will be times when we hear conflicting and confusing information and views about Jesus and His Teachings.
- We should strive to deepen our faith in the Lord by developing a meaningful prayer and Sacramental life and living our faith concretely daily. Through these ways of living, our love for the Lord will be built on solid grounds.
- [It is also important that we LEARN our Faith through such sources as the Catechism of the Catholic Church (or simpler versions such as Youcat), the Vatican II documents, papal encyclicals, EWTN Television network or such books as the Jesus of Nazareth series by Pope Benedict XVI. We should avoid those media sources which are given to theological dissent and who desire to subvert the content of our Catholic faith.]
- If we do not deepen our faith seriously and daily, then like King Herod, we may easily be confused and shaken about our faith in the Lord.
I will be giving a talk – “The Family that prays together, stays together” – at the annual FAITH OF OUR FATHERS conference at Knock Shrine which takes place October 25 – 26. This is a link to the poster: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E43A86B816831CB5!294&authkey=!AKCYv9nydqNa8GY&ithint=file%2cpdf