Following on from yesterday, here are some quotes from Mother Teresa which manifest her life philosophy and spirituality.
- “If I ever become a Saint–I will surely be one of ‘darkness.’ I will continually be absent from Heaven–to light the light of those in darkness on earth,” she said, according to Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light, whose author described it as her “mission statement.”
- “The greatest destroyer of peace today is the cry of the innocent unborn child,” she said in her acceptance speech for the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize. “Today millions of unborn children are being killed, but we say nothing.” “To me the nations that have legalized abortion, they are the poorest nations. They are afraid of the little one!”
- “I see somebody dying, I pick him up. I find somebody hungry, I give him food. He can love and be loved. I don’t look at his colour, I don’t look at his religion. I don’t look at anything. Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister,” she said in the same interview.
- “Do ordinary things with extraordinary love,” she often said, according to a priest who knew her through her Missionaries of Charity.
- “My job is to be faithful and God’s to be successful” – to avoid disillusionment in life.
- “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love,” she also said in the lecture.
- “We fear the future because we are wasting the today,” she wrote in Where There is Love, There is God.
- “The future is so much in the hands of God, I find it much more easy to accept today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not come and I have only today,” she also wrote in the book.
- “We have been created for greater things, to love and be loved,” she wrote in the same book.
- “This is the meaning of true love, to give until it hurts.”